Port Penrhyn is a tidal port with an operating time of 2 to 3 hours either side of high water. However we operate mainly with flat bottom 2500 – 3000 tonne coasters loading over the tide. We also specialise in heavy lifts with good access and plenty of dock side storage.
Lat. 53 deg. 14 min. North
Long. 004 deg. 07 min. West
- Road: A55 Dual Carriageway
- Rail: Bangor (Intercity Station) 2miles
- Air: Manchester 91miles / Liverpool John Lennon 82miles
Maximum size of vessel accepted:
- LOA: 100m
- Beam: 18m
- Draft: 5.3m spring tide, 3.66m neaps
- Max Draught: 10 ft
- Length: Up to 100 ft
Compulsory for :
- Passenger vessels over 20 metres in length.
- All vessels over 50 meters in length
- All vessels over 1500 g.t.
- Vessels engaged in towing where the combined length of the towing vessel and the tow is 50m in length or more.
- Vessels that yacht deem to require a pilot in the interest of safe navigation
- Vessels carrying hazardous cargo. As defined in mgn 340 (idgm) Additional for vessels making passage through the swellies channel:
- Every vessel holding a passenger certificate, and carrying passengers
- All vessels in excess of 3.5 metres draft and/or 50 metres in length, and/or in excess of 500 g.t.
Contact Shannan or Ian on 01248 363400 – 07554 886092 – 07771 692412